- is beneficial, safe & healthy for individuals and communities throughout its life cycle,
- meets market criteria for performance and cost,
- is sourced, manufactured, transported, and recycled using renewable energy,
- maximizes the use of renewable or recycled source materials,
- is manufactured using clean production technologies and best practices,
- is made from materials healthy in all probable end of life scenarios,
- is physically designed to optimize materials and energy,
- is effectively recovered and utilized in biological and/or industrial cradle to cradle cycles.
Environmentally-Friendly Packaging SolutionsIn an effort to contain costs, whether from rising energy and transportation costs or competitive pressure, and to reduce environmental impact the production and distribution processes industry recognizes it is imperative for manufacturers to factor waste into the cost calculation for packaging and seek to employ environmentally-friendly best practices when economically viable.
Direct Solutions is a wholesale distributor of earth-friendly packaging equipment and supplies. We perform assessments of your current packaging/production materials and methods in order to recommend practical, green alternatives.
Direct Solutions has packaging solutions to meet each customer's product market performance requirements. Every corrugated box and packaging solution utilizes best practices from the careful consumption of materials and energy, to the use of recycled materials and recycling scrap to reduce potential waste, to the use of packaging materials manufactured without the use of harmful toxins or chemicals.
Are Sustainable Packaging Solutions Attainable?Yes, it is. However, it is a cumulative, iterative process. Approaching truly sustainable products and services is not a non-trivial business undertaking, but does not require turning a business upside down or huge start-up investments in order to achieve real differences on a businesses' bottom line and its impact on the environment. While not all of Direct Solutions packaging products and solutions meet the technical criteria for sustainable, at Direct Solutions it remains paramount to reduce, reuse and recycle and strive towards approximating sustainable products, services and solutions for the production and distribution processes industry from Richmond, to Newport News and Norfolk, to Fredericksburg and northern Virginia and all of the Mid-Atlantic.
At Direct Solutions, we are NOT styrofoam-friendly!